Thursday, April 14, 2011

Upper Body Strength

    One of the most important exercises that you can do to increase upper body strength is pull ups and man do you do alot of them with P90X!  I am currently using a weighted vest at 22lbs and it has greatly increased my strength.  I took the day off from my vest yesterday and it felt kind of nice to do slow and methodical pull ups :)  I forgot what it was like to do more than 6-8 reps! 
     If you are having trouble with pull-ups at the beginning do not worry.  You will gain strength with time.  Follow what is shown in the P90X videos and  use a chair or modify with bands.  Before you know it you will kick that chair out from under you and accomplish your first real pull-up.   You will be amazed with your self. 

    I personally started with 3 pull ups back in May of 2010.  Now at 11 months later if I am fully rested I can hit 30 at one time.  I hit my goal!
     Make me your COACH and lets set some goals that you can achieve whether it be weight loss or strength training.  Do your best and forget the rest!

2 comments:

Rockurbikini said...

I think females typically bypass back as an important muscle group to train... I know I used to. But these days - its what I train most. If you think about it - the back is connected to everything else.. So without a strong back, I think your other areas will plateau.

Scott and Gabby said...

Exactly! Back, Legs and Core!!! I love it! :)