Tuesday, September 7, 2010

"If what you are doing is not moving you towards your goals, then it's moving you away from your goals."

What motivates you to set goals in weight loss and fitness?  Is it a friend, a image in your head of what you want to look like, or the desire to feel healthier?
I have 3 things or people that got me started and motivated to start in May of 2010.  
#1 My wife had lost about 20 lbs and was excersising everyday.
#2 We bought tickets for another cruise and I decided that was a motivation since we would be hitting the beaches.
#3 My friend Colby Knight   http://300knight.blogspot.com/

With these motivational factors in my mind I set forth and set some goals.
I hit one of my two lifting goals during this past Labor Day weekend !!!!! On Saturday I hit my bench press goal and surpassed it by 5 lbs. I had attempted this 2 weeks earlier and ended up not being able to push the bar up even a inch.  It feels awesome to achieve things you have been striving for. Yesterday I attemped to hit my goal of 30 pullups at once and fell short by 6.  This only means I have to push myself harder and set new goals.  "If what you are doing is not moving you towards your goals, then it's moving you away from your goals." 

0 comments: